View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 01:24 PM  
peculiarplanets
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Jupiter's thread

Update: Not much has changed in the past few days. Apart from her suddenly jumping at random things in her cage. She'll like sniff this piece of wood and jump because she feels a leaf poking out from the top of the wood. She doesn't seem scared though, so that's good.

She's completely comfortable taking a treat from my hand when I offer it to her. She also takes treats from my palm but rarely sits on it. I'm trying to think of ways to bond with her, considering I don't have a bathtub. I'm still thinking about getting a playpen but I'm not sure if she's ready for that yet. I want to try and scoop her out with a bowl or a mug, but so far she's been skeptical of incoming objects that aren't my hand (but hey, that means she trusts my hand!). Jupiter has proven herself to be a hamster who is curious, but needs time to get out of her shell. In Dutch we have a nice saying for that: de kat uit de boom kijken (literally: watch the cat out of the tree). This basically means watching what's going on around you and then make a move. She's very much like that. But it's been great so far to watch her grow and learn.