View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 07:30 PM  
Dwarfdad2019
Newborn Pup

Default New Russian dwarf dad

Hello everyone!!!

Well this adventure actually began a few months ago when we got to baby sit my wifes schools pet hamster. All the teachers take turns, that want to and we thought our 5 year old daughter would live it...and boy did she.
She kept asking and asking and finally one day she came out with 2 $50 Bill's from her piggy bank and said I'll buy everything just please can I have one. Well that day we came home with our new white dwarf female..charli....we "split" the price with my daughter. She got food,toys,a house and everything for $20..what a deal lol.

Well here are some questions. What is the best way to get your hamster to trust you. She let's me hold her and gentle pet her head but seems afraid of my wife and daughter.

I also dont think she is really eating. She seems to be healthy and running around like a crazy thing and I have seen her drink but sometimes she goes into her food bowl and moves things around but never takes.what food types do you guys feed yours?

What treats are good for a russian white dwarf? I have read some things online. I see the store we got her from was giving them broccoli. Does it have to be fresh broccoli or is steamed ok? What other treats are good. I know fruit is not good as the high sugar can cause diabetes.

I also notice she is a fast breather. Is this normal. I figured little animals that run around 90 mph jumping on things and going as fast as the flash on her wheel might cause that but just wanted to make sure.

We have only had her for 4 days and are total jobs but would love to learn everything.

Thanks for everything in advance!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1579745567101.jpg (31.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1579745574018.jpg (70.1 KB, 16 views)
Dwarfdad2019 is offline   Reply With Quote