Thread: Edwina
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 09:00 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Edwina

Edwina's been living here for over a week and she's been in the playpen and been handled by me. She likes to climb up to my shoulder, then up the back of the futon and along the back rest but that's when i cup my hands around her because i don't want her to fall.
In the playpen she walks on the sand but doesn't roll in it like her neighbour Percy does (they have their own, portable sandpits). It's the long, bendy bridge she likes. First time it took her three attempts to climb it but she was determined to succeed and did.

I've changed her set up today and moved the sand from the middle to the right (bought another Ferplast guinea pig house to support it leaving the front panel out) and put her wheel in it. The long, bendy bridge i had used as a fence around the sandpit is now a bridge for her to walk over. The subterranean Ferplast house on the left where she sleeps i have not touched because she's moved in. The coconut and cork is in a different place but on the same side and i left one side clear because she likes to run through cardboard tubes.

The first photo is the original set up and the other two the adjusted one. Edwina is in her house so haven't observed her response as yet.

Feedback of you knowledgable people here would be most welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200104_211414.jpg (2.79 MB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 20200119_152938.jpg (3.00 MB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20200119_152958.jpg (2.90 MB, 31 views)
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote