View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 02:29 AM  
peculiarplanets
Hamster Pup

Question Cleaning cage: where to leave the hammy?

Hiya! Not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this, but here goes.

So my Syrian hamster Jupiter has been with me for 3 weeks now. She's still shy so I'm working on getting her tamed and she's been showing slow progress. The only thing I've cleaned so far was this cardboard tube that she used as a nest when I first got her (she has since moved to another hiding place). I can't seem to find her "spot" so I'm thinking about getting her out of the cage once she's more comfortable around me so I can try and find her spot and clean some things.

But here's the thing: I've previously only had Russian dwarfs who were very tame from the beginning (RIP Chica and Melon). Thus I could easily get them out of their cages and do some cleaning. I used to put them in a hamster ball but as years passed I started to doubt the comfort of those things. My parents still have an old cage lying around that's not that big but might be suitable for Jupiter to stay in while I do the cleaning.

Now my question is: where do you guys leave your hammies while you clean their homes? And how would you go about getting a hamster out of a cage when she's not fully tamed yet?
peculiarplanets is offline   Reply With Quote