View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 06:33 PM  
RobinIsACatto
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Which is Better: Water Bottles or Water Bowls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engel View Post
How would you suggest going about introducing a bowl? I'm currently using a tea light holder as he's so small but as I've mentioned above he drank from it then desired to jump in it. (By the way he was fine. Wasn't really wet either. He dried him self off and wet for a sand bath).
If you’re concerned about him jumping in I suggest using a shallower dish, such as a sauce plate/bowl. Keep in mind these dry out quickly, though; definitely have to replace that at least twice a day. I also found that placing the bowl in a blocked off area (ex under a smallish hide) can prevent your hamster from jumping in at least accidentally.

To add to the thread: I’m not sure if I’ve just gotten crazy lucky or what but I’ve had a lot of success with the Kaytee glass bottles. I still have the one I used for my first hamster and it works great; it’s in my mouse bin atm. I also got another that, at first, wasn’t that great, but sometimes if you twist spout on top hard the water becomes leaky so I just learned to not go too hard on it.
RobinIsACatto is offline   Reply With Quote