View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 04:30 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: Worried if bin cage is not suitable for new robo pair.

Firstly, I would just like to remind everyone that this forum does not have a minimum cage size rule nor is there a legally defined minimum cage size that applies throughout the world. Therefore any cage sizes mentioned in posts are the opinion of the individual poster or the organisation that they are quoting. As a forum we, encourage all members to choose the most suitable cage for their hamster's individual needs and personality.

To answer your original question though Chilli, some people have has more success in keeping pairs in slightly smaller cages as they have less to become territorial over. You'll need to avoid levels and scatter feeding is often a preferential choice over using two food bowls.

In the last couple of months I have had to separate two of my robo pairs and from talking to a Robo breeder, I have discovered that it's fairly common for them to end up needing separation. Unlike pairs of Chinese who often make it very clear that they dislike their cage mates, I noticed that my Robo pairs displayed more subtle signs that all was not well including repetitive behaviours which suggested that there was a level of stress and often one of the pair began losing weight.

I feel that you're probably better off separating them now and get them set up in their own cages rather than buying a new cage for them and still needing to separate down the line.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote