View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 03:23 PM  
Chilli
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Help! - Which breed?

All of my syrians which are from P@H have always been wonderful. Never bitten and had a gentle temperament. Even the nervous ones are management and easy to bring around with a bit of food.

I currently have a hybrid who is prone to moodiness (nipping), mild cage aggression and needs lots of space (hamster heaven). I am currently figuring out what makes him tick. I haven't had these problems with any Syrian. On top of this I need to be cautious with the food I am giving him (skipping on fruit) as he is diabetes prone. Despite this, he's probably the more exciting one to play with and more willing to interact. This may be dependent on his personality.

I personally would recommend a syrian first. Let the hamster come to you, if they are confident they will happily crawl all over you and not mind being held. This is the hamster you'll want. My Humphrey was nervous and jumpy. He is a nervous type and frequent handling helps although he'd prefer to live a life with minimal handling.

I think the bin should be fine initially. Humphrey was originally in a 50x40 cage and was fine (I know this doesn't apply to all syrians). Humphrey is now in a 80x50 and he's absolutely fine.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote