View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 03:06 PM  
gamegrl
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Dried thyme for emergency allergies?

hello! this is my first time here so please excuse me, im not quite sure how to work this site.

i have a syrian female, 1.6 years old, and within the last 4 days, she seems to have been having some respiratory issues. she has always been a very healthy hamster and the first time i saw her this way, i panicked. i had a vet confirm she does not have a respiratory infection or pneumonia or anything, nor does she show ANY symptoms for any of them aside from breathing quickly and acting very tired (though not tired enough to not eat/drink) her fur gets cold as per usual w respiratory issues, however her fur remains clean and soft as it always is.

i believe she has allergies, the house we currently live in has a mold problem due to the landlord being abusive and refusing to do anything for it, i have severe mold allergies myself so i suppose its possible for hamsters to have them too?

i read that a good emergency antibiotic for hamsters is thyme/thyme tea, i am unable to get fresh thyme atm BUT i have dried thyme, i dont think itd be as potent but could i use the dried thyme for her as opposed to fresh thyme? its all i have

please respond in any way thats helpful! thank you.
gamegrl is offline   Reply With Quote