View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 05:54 AM  
Dalis_mum
Adult Hamster

Default When to see the vet...

Eddie and I have had a lot happen in the past few weeks and his condition is showing the effects and just wondering if I should see a vet or give a few days/a week to settle.

Firstly, he is 2 so some of the drop in condition may be age related. Unfortunately I was unable to obtain his usual nuggets at the start of November and was forced to switch more quickly that I was happy about to Harry Hamster musli, the best I could find. We then had to move house in a 3 day turn around so I couldn't adequately prepare him with his carrier in his cage for a week before hand, I tried to mitigate this by slightly reducing cleaning for the week after the move to keep his smell. The new house has been far from great so there's been lots of workmen. And whilst he's in a quiet spare room he will probably have been somewhat disturbed by the comings and goings.

I've done everything I can and I have now been able to source his previous food and slowly going to get him back on to it. He seems ok in himself but he has lost weight in his face and his fur is thinning.

Any advice appreciated. I just don't want to add more stress by going to the vet if it will pick up now things are getting back to a new normal.
Dalis_mum is offline   Reply With Quote