View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 11:19 AM  
junebuggie
Newborn Pup

Default Hiding and acting strange

My Syrian Blondie has been home from PetSmart for about a week now. A couple of days ago I upgraded her to a Detolf and most of her aggressive, anxious tendencies went away. I’ve marked down her routine pretty well. But today, I woke up to find her acting strangely.

She usually wakes up at about 9:30 at night, and by the time I wake up around 10 AM she’s fast asleep. She eats around 4-5 AM and runs on her wheel for hours and hours. Very normal hamster behavior.

Today I checked on her when I heard her moving her wheel around her cage. She is still wide awake at noon now and she keeps alternating between hiding under or behind her wheel and hiding behind a tissue box I’ve given her as an alternate house (she has a grass hut she typically sleeps in).

She seems really skittish too. I don’t know if this is normal hamster behavior or if I should be worried. The only things I can think of that I’ve done differently to cause her to act like this is I started feeding her a seed mix alongside her usual pellets, and her water bottle has been falling off the side of the cage ever since I moved her from a wire to a glass one, so I set up a bit of a contraption to keep the bottle upright until I can find a more permanent solution.

(I was having issues trying to attach the images to the post so I hope putting them in the post itself is okay.)

junebuggie is offline   Reply With Quote