View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 03:05 PM  
babysecretyoyo
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Fitch bedding vs Kaytee C&C vs Carefresh white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engel View Post
I needed this thread as I've used carefresh and it was very dusty and had a horrible smell to it. I'm currently using kiln dried woodshavings...I know naughty me but it got basically no odour and isn't dusty compared to carefresh batches I've had it's the lesser of the two evils. Was thinking of trying kaytee but heard somewhere about chemicals being used that harm both humans and hamsters. Domt know details on it like but that's the only thing that put me off. Fitch has been highly recommended but personally never used it as it comes in huge bags and I don't have a huge cage to put it in, mine holds about 60l so idk where I'd store the bags
I’ve tried both Kaytee clean & cozy white and Carefresh white, and also Carefresh natural. Carefresh natural is a big no no, smells weird even exposed for long time and very very dusty. Carefresh white slightly dusty but was ok. Prefer Kaytee white and it’s soft, it just often moves everywhere as my robo loves burrowing and it’s very light bedding, it expands and compressed very very easily. But it’s fine for me as long as my robo is healthy and happy. Did consider Fitch but still finishing my bag of Kaytee for now. Whenever I used Carefresh as emergency from pets at home, I put a small portion of Kaytee as nesting material and Yoyo loves to stuff Kaytee in his house, so I assume he like Kaytee more.
babysecretyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote