View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 09:29 AM  
Pinklizzy
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Housing for a syrian?

We did adopt our hamster, little Moomin, back in February this year. He came from Pets at home in the adoption section and has always been a very nervous boy who hates to be handled/picked up but is happy to interact and take food etc from a hand.
We did initially set him up in the zoozone, with sand under the wheel to ensure it fitted and lots of bedding etc. I moved him into an Alaska back in the summer as I was concerned that he really didn't like all the open space in the zoozone and just seemed to spend all his time hiding behind the wheel.
This did seem to really help and he has lots of extra cover with hammocks, grass hidey house, bridges etc. My daughter has done loads of taming with him in the holidays and he's a much happier little guy now, at least I thought so!
The last week or so however I've noticed he's bar chewing and climbing to the top of the cage, something he never did before and I'm concerned he might be stressed/bored and this is why he's doing it?
Should we move him back to the zoozone and see if it helps having more space? Ideally I'd prefer not to as I found it very difficult to manage taking the lid on and off-the noise just made him panic and run and the alaska having multiple doors is helpful as he will come to the ledge we have next to the side door and allow the children to stroke him (under supervision of course) but want to do what's best for him.
Pinklizzy is offline   Reply With Quote