View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 02:36 AM  
fingers
Newborn Pup

Default Re: DIY Ikea Linnmon Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
In the video they used a circular saw, which gets lovely results. I'm sure if you ask some friends someone will have one and be able to cut it for you.

Meanwhile, it is a beautiful cage. Light and spacious, but the weight would be an issue for me. It must weigh about 20kg!
Thx used circular saw in the end was slightly off even with clamping good enough for first attempt. If i was todo it again would have used jigsaw with starrett dual cut blade (clean cut every time!).

This is revision 2 of the cage, first one did not have an upper platform and had to use wood shavings till I could get some Burlybed bedding. Few things i've found with my Syrian hamster is she loves the corners so much i woke up to find that she nearly made it through to honeycomb structure. In the photo's you'll see I got some vinyl floor planks (easier to fit than square one's less cutting!) I laid these on the bottom of the floor and edges. I used the foam that the ikea glass came and stuck it on with doublesided tape to stop the shaving's leaking from onto the floor. Also put a piece of stripwood on by the glass so there was not a space!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1136.JPG (2.06 MB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1137.JPG (2.80 MB, 22 views)
fingers is offline   Reply With Quote