View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 03:55 PM  
Otaku
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Customised adaptions to cage

Thanks Ria P, I have been through "Let's see your cages" for inspiration and have to be honest, I was pretty green with envy by the time I was through. lol.

Thank you for reassuring me about the cork. I had seen the half tunnels and figured it would make sense to get a large tunnel and then split it for two spacious halves. (It's always good to have supplies to hand.)

I also appreciate the advice concerning sieving sand, I'll be sure to do that as it'll be more environmentally friendly for me to use it until it has been soiled, rather than check the lot out regularly.

Kaytee really surged ahead in the polls. I am naturally concerned about the health warning but considering how happy it makes critters I think I will try it. Was really tempted by the price of Fitch.

I had added hemp mats and also "small pet rug" (zooplus is selling 2 packs for £4.79) to the basket to line the shelves for grip (and because I don't want the plastic feeling cold on tiny feet), in addition to a couple of hanging grass mats (which I read were good boredom breakers for bar chewers) so those are lovely suggestions, thank you. As for fabric, that's a good point. I remember finding a free roaming hamster in my bottom drawer. He had chewed through a few t-shirts to make a nice nest for himself, cheeky boy!

Thank you for your encouragement. I'm looking forward to making progress with it, I just need to wait for my dad to come home from France next weekend and make time to cut the shelves to size. Meanwhile, I should order the substrate try to focus on work and uni. (-_-)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote