View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 09:07 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: To adopt or buy?

Umm, lots to think about there. Personally, I would always adopt not shop. Like you state, buying from a shop just perpetuates the whole situation. If you buy, all the shop is going to do is replace it with more hamsters, so you may be saving one hamster from going to a horrible situation. but the cycle just continues.
If you adopt, you are certainly giving a home to one of those hamsters that has been rescued/ or surrendered. You are also then freeing up a space in the rescue for another hamster to be saved.

In an ideal world pets shops would not sell hamsters and like you say, wouldn't it be lovely if we could adopt/save them all. I actually don't think it is nice keeping hamsters or other creatures in cages (just my own personal opinion), but I would rather give a hamster that has found itself in a situation (through no fault of it's own) a good home than do nothing at all.

I am also sure you will work out what is best for you when the time is right. I am sure you will keep us posted on what you decide.