View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 03:08 PM  
Georgiechest
Newborn Pup

Default Please help! Second opinion needed.

Hello,
I have an amazing Syrian named ‘Hammy’ she hasn’t been herself the past few days, sleeping a lot etc. At first I assumed she’d started to hibernate (sudden change in uk weather) After a couple of days not noticing her coming out of her house I decided to wake her up as I was getting worried, to me she was warm enough and should have gotten used to it by now.
After giving her the once over I was horrified to see scab/sores around her eyes, one eye very swollen, and what looks like the top layer of skin coming off her eyeball.
She hadn’t been eating much as I assumed she was hibernating.
Now I’m so worried and don’t know what to do.

I took her to Vets4Pets (Not by choice as I’ve only ever heard bad things about them but it was the only vets open tonight) expecting them to maybe prescribe antibiotics to clear up an obvious infection...
They took one look at her and instantly wanted £120 to put her down! Horrified I obviously got very emotional. They changed there diagnosis and minds multiple times telling me one minute it was an infection, one minute that she was in a lot of pain and needed putting down.
I expressed I couldn’t afford £120 to have her put down they instantly dropped the price to £79 explaining they’d got the pricing wrong. After discussing with my partner we decided we wanted to try her at home with antibiotics and pain relief they looked really annoyed and again pushed for her to be put down.
I explained I obviously didn’t want her to suffer but I’d like to say I’ve tried the literally went “fine You have the medication and just go”
I was horrified there didn’t seem to be any sympathy or any understanding. I feel they just wanted my money.
I wouldn’t let them put her down after this, I got the medicine (what I believe to be ‘Metacam’ and ‘Baytrill’ I’m now worried they haven’t put in the bottles what they say they have.
I obviously want the best for my Hammy but am left speechless of how we were treated tonight.

Please any advice or knowledge would be hugely appreciated as I want her to get better again.
Georgiechest is offline   Reply With Quote