View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 08:57 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: New Owner with questions

Hi, before looking at buying another cage I would try a few things first to see if it can help. I would maybe lower the green shelf down a bit, and /or put a bendy bridge in that back right hand corner.(looks like empty space?) Instead of buying a bendy bridge you could also use an egg carton box or other box type and make a little bridge/tunnel with that and place in his cage. Anything he can sit under or run through might help him. Maybe even a small shoe box with a hole cut in the front as it looks like you have plenty of room for something like that. I also like the chew mats you can get, you can attach these to the cage with bits of jute, you can use these to add more bedding or even put in the area that he chews, if it is just one spot he seems to be fixating on. Cardboard toilet tube boredom breaker toys are also good/quick easy options to try and give him things to do.Let us know how you get on. Also he may just be wanting to come out and explore. Do you have a bath or a big box you can do some taming sessions with him?