View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 04:48 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Roborovski hamster isn't very active

I rarely see my Robo during the day and he gets up around midnight or even later meaning that he is most active when i'm asleep. That is normal though.

Do you expect your Robo to be active during the day or do you stay up during the night and watch her?

The new tank should make a difference and she should be much happier in there. I know the tank with the shelves you have now which i personally don't consider to be a suitable and safe habitat for a Robo. I can't see how they would manage to climb onto these glass shelves and why they would want to. Make sure that everything she needs is on ground level within easy reach. House, food, water, wheel and toys.

She may start to burrow when she's living on one floor level but saying that, one of my hamsters never burrows and never has. He perches on little shelves like a parrot. Hamsters have their likes and dislikes just like humans and don't always do what humans expect them to.

As long as she's healthy i wouldn't worry.
Wait and see what happens when she gets her new tank. The Marrakesh. Lucky girl!
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote