View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 04:05 PM  
Pin
Newborn Pup

Unhappy New Owner with questions

Hi all!

Figured this was probably the best place to ask about my new Ham because I'm a first time owner and every little thing has me fretting like a new mother honestly. About 3 weeks ago I got a male syrian Hamster I named Banana Bread and he seems to be settling in pretty well.

Currently he's housed in the Savic Plaza rat and hamster cage, I piled up his bedding high under the platform so he can burrow which he looooves to do. His wheel is 12 inches and honestly I can't get him off it even to clean it. he's got several homes, chews and toys to explore and i've noticed he's started to get comfortable actually playing with them now. He's a little skittish of me still but has started taking food from my hands/climbing onto them briefly to get food.

however I do worry that he bar bites sometimes, he doesn't seem to do it constantly (He stopped for 2 weeks but has been doing it tonight again) and I can't decide whats causing it. He doesn't get time out of his cage because he's no where near close to tame, do you guys think it would calm down once he is? Unfortunately I don't have room for anything bigger so am considering replacing it with a cage I found thats the same size just without bars. I wanted an aquarium but am having trouble finding one big enough in the UK thats not £300+. Any pointers?

Sorry this is a long post, I just really wanted to be as specific as possible.
Pin is offline   Reply With Quote