View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 08:20 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Ferplast Modular Tubes

You are here now which is a very good thing so more experienced people can share their knowledge with you.

I've only had hamsters since March this year so am not one of the knowledgeable ones and still learning myself.

I wouldn't say deep substrate works out more expensive in the long run and with an adequately sized enclosure you don't need to change it that often.

I've had my Robo since mid August and only this week done a part substrate change because its deep so lasts a long time. My Syrian's cage i clean out every 4-6 weeks. My other dwarf pees lots so needs a clean or part clean much more often.

See, that's another thing. How are you going to clean the tubes effectively? Chances are that your hamster will pee in them and the hamster lab which i guess is plastic as well.

I think you would have been better off investing your money in more substrate rather than tubes but if i would have done my research before getting hamsters and bought more suitable things at the beginning i would have saved myself quite a bit of money.

I know you didn't ask for advice and only wondered why no one had mentioned the Ferplast tubes before so please don't take these responses as critism.

What kind of hamster do you have?
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote