View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 04:07 AM  
a680
Hamster Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
The hamsters in the pet shops all eat the same food regardless of species and a food like Harry Hamster can be eaten by all.

I have a Syrian and two dwarves (Robo and Hybrid) and feed the dwarves a dwarf mix because the food pieces are so much smaller and therefore more suitable especially for my tiny Robo.

There may be a nutritional difference someone here may explain further.

What species of dwarf are you planning to get?
Honestly I'm unsure what species I don't think I want a Robo or Chinese for sure so maybe winter white or campbell(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffagrams View Post
At the moment all of my dwarfs are eating Harry Hamster which is usually thought of as a Syrian food and they manage with it just fine. I don’t have Syrians but had been using it for my diabetics and now need to use it up before I switch back to what I’d normally feed them.

To be honest, there’s no reason why a hamster with a healthy set of teeth can’t manage a Syrian food and even my tiny Harvest Mice can eat it without problems but I know that some owners do prefer to feed a mix more tailored to dwarfs and that’s something you can look into switching your hamster on to if you wanted.
Awesome I plan to get a fresh bag for dwarves too and mix it through but I just don't want to waste my bag of Syrian food(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilPearl View Post
Harry Hamster is a great food and perfectly fine for dwarfs. The only concern I would have is the size of some of the pieces but given what Fluffagrams has said, it sounds as though that’s not a problem. Plus you could always break some of the larger bits into smaller pieces with a pestle and mortar.

ETA: I realise I just assumed you’re talking about Harry Hamster but it could be another Syrian food. What Syrian food do you have in mind?
Tiny farm friends Harry hamster food(:

Last edited by Fluffagrams; 10-31-2019 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts
a680 is offline   Reply With Quote