Thread: Gone too soon
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 07:59 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Gone too soon

I am very sorry. This is sadly quite common on here and as the others say they can be born with some genetic defect. It may be to do with mass breeding or just bad luck. But it is always terribly sad for an owner when the hamster is so young. Little Pamela won't have known much about it and is now at the rainbow bridge playing free.

I would get a hamster from a different place next time if you can. It isn't always a pet shop thing but the hamsters maybe haven't had the best start. Our first syrian was from a small local pet shop that used their own breeder and he was big and healthy and lived a long time.

See if there are any small pet shops near you or look on Gumtree - there are often people wanting to rehome a hamster of only 3 months or so when a child has got bored. I have never had much success finding one on Gumtree but depends what area you live.

But do get another one - it really helps to get past this and see one grow and see them through middle age and old age and watch them grow in confidence and them bond with you.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote