View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 07:08 AM  
Dessi
Hamster Pup

Default When do you see your hamster ?

I’ve had my baby for 5 days now. I know it’s very soon, so I’m trying to see if his behavior is due to adapting to new surroundings or just normal hamster doing.

He is a 30 days old dwarf hamster. He is in a big bin cage, with lots of bedding to burrrow. And he loves living in it. He doesn’t use a house, he digs himself a hole in the bedding and has made his toilet right in the corner near his bed.

He will come out maybe once during the day, around noon, to drink and grab a snack. He’s out for maybe 1 minute. Then back to his den until at least 7 pm, then maybe out for 1 minute. Back to his den. Then around 8 or 9 pm, he will come out and go on the wheel. That’s when I give him a few treats and take him out for a few minutes.

I go upstairs after that, so I don’t know what he does from 930 pm to morning, but in the morning I can tell he’s used his wheel a lot (pee in it) and eaten some of the food I left him.

So what’s the verdict ? Should I expect to see more of him in the future, or not really ?
Dessi is offline   Reply With Quote