View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 02:19 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Fitch bedding vs Kaytee C&C vs Carefresh white?

I think Fitch and Kaytee are very similar. Although I find Fitch is more like toilet paper texture. You occasionally get the hard bit of paper or blue bit in Fitch but nothing serious and it doesn't matter. They did go through a phase of the paper being a different colour - more beige and not as soft. At the time I phoned them and they said it depends what they've been recycyling at the time. Maybe they had a few complaints as every bag I've had since has been white and soft!

I would try a bag of both to see the difference as it's hard to describe. I find the Kaytee sort of denser - maybe because it's been compressed in the back. You can loosen it up - but it sort of sticks together more (not bad just different). Whereas Fitch is quite "loose" but you can compress it down if you want.

I have a couple of bags of Kaytee CC as emergency supplies for when I run low on Fitch, which always seems to happen when I need to do a cage cleanout and a new bag takes a few days to arrive.

They are both fine. I don't think either is better than the other. Fitch is recylced food grade paper - so it is just paper. I am not sure of Kaytee CC is paper or cellulose. Carefresh is cellulose so it has been through a lot more processes.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote