View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 04:14 PM  
babysecretyoyo
Newborn Pup

Lightbulb My first hamster (roborovski) doesn't do nesting

Hi, this is my first time posting here. This is my first time having a hamster and it is a roborovski. Adopted it because it has been in the adoption place for almost a month and no one wants it (it is such a cute and nice little boy) just because the description of him shows he needs extra care which actually was that he was bitten by other robo in the cage where they sell them, so he was to have some bite injuries on his back but they are all cleared by the time i notice he is still in the store available for adoption. He is about 6 months old.

I brought him home and have him in my DIY bin cage, he seems to be happy, having thick Kaytee C&C + Carefresh white mixed together as bedding. He loves burrowing. But I never seen him stuffing his pouch or using his hideout (it is a Kaytee igloo hideout which is quite large). He eats straight at the food dish. He just normally sleeping in/under the bedding after he burrows in. I have some kitchen towel/paper strips in his cage but he never use them for nesting.

Are these normal?

Another question, I have seen a lot reviews comparing bedding Fitch vs Carefresh, but no Fitch vs Kaytee. How is Fitch comparing with Kaytee?
babysecretyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote