Thread: Dog Biscuits
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 04:10 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Dog Biscuits

I would also use Whimzees. The ingredients are very high quality compared to the UK dog biscuits(especially Pedigree which are known to have very poor quality ingredients and aren't really good despite their popularity), and they're a proven favorite with pretty much every hamster.

Another bonus with Whimzees is that they come in so many sizes and shapes, so you could have the tiny sticks if you don't care about the appearance(at the end of the day they'll not remain unchewed anyways), but if you want a temporary decorative chew the alligators come in a nice variety of sizes and look absolutely adorable at least for a little while! I like the way the hedgehog Whimzees look too, but they are pretty big so some hamsters may not like them as much as they'd like the sticks, smaller toothbrush chews, or even smaller alligators.

One of the deciding factors for choosing a Whimzee shape and size is going to be cost. While they're not very expensive most of the time, some people may prefer the cost of the smallest size sticks compared to the hedgehog chews and even the alligator chews. Sometimes you'll get a good deal purchasing bulk Whimzees, but this isn't the best choice for someone who only has one hamster and no dogs or any other pets that would be able to eat them. There are technically smaller bulk options but I'm not sure they exist everywhere as I've only seen them in Petsmart here in the US, but if you can find a bag with a smaller amount of Whimzees and the cost(as in cost per chew) works out cheaper than just buying a single chew I would highly recommend that option!
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote