View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 12:24 PM  
Cyanic
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Advice needed, please

We have a positive update

So just about 30 minutes ago, I decided to take a look within his nest and to swap out his current hide for another one which is bottom-less. Gently talking to him, he crept out and walked into an older wheel I had available for him. His ears were up and forward and not once did he chatter his teeth or vocalise himself in anyway. Im taking that as a good sign. He took some banana I offered him and allowed me to gently stroke him as well which was incredibly lovely. Whilst he was chomping away, I noticed he was indeed doing his business within his nest as the evidence was there. Is it common for hamsters to do this?

After looking through his nest, I had him settled within his wheel upon my lap and he actually came out to investigate my dressing gown. He chomped at it quite a bit and then half came out to settle upon my hand. The feeling of those little paws is an absolute highlight and then it was swiftly followed by a curious nibble. I forgot how sharp hamsters teeth are

I will keep checking in on him and of course will start weighing him so I can ensure he is eating enough. Does anyone have any information on what I should be looking for in terms of healthy weight gain and growth for Syrian hamsters?
Cyanic is offline   Reply With Quote