Thread: Injured Robo
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 08:28 PM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Injured Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
At the end of the day hamsters don't seem at all bothered when we accidentally think they're male or female, so I don't see it as a big issue. I could see it as a much bigger issue with other species though, since you'd have the risk of housing a male and female together which leads to the obvious baby problem(which is part of my anxiety with future guinea pigs, but something I've already mentally prepared for enough to feel comfortable anyways).
Yeah, glad he's not housed together in the same cage as my other female (well, she's got a sleek frame, I don't see any balls on her and I've had her for a few months more than the male one, so I'm presuming she's truly female). While I would love the idea of having more baby hamsters, I don't have enough space and time to give so many hamsters proper housing plus the attention each of them would deserve, as I'm already stretching it with two bin cages.

Amusing to find out he was improperly sexed, but that's ok. We (the humans and the Robo) will just have to deal with it, haha. Happy to report that apart from the gender confusion, the wounds on his back seem to have healed up well and he's started growing back some of his fluffy fur in the shaved areas.

I cannot thank everyone on this forum enough. <3
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote