View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:44 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Attaching two cages

It sounds amazing but a hassle! I can't see how you would join them at the two bases - surely there would be a bit where the bars didn't fit.

I did look at swapping a cage door and cutting a panel out once (ie adding a front door to a Falco cage idea) but decided it was too much hassle and could ruin two cages as you say!

The Hamster Heaven is a great cage for a dwarf hamster by the way. Good size. A bit cramped for a Syrian but depends how you set it up and which wheel you have.

Have you looked at the Barney on Zooplus? I think I would prefer that to the Borneo - it isn't as tall so doesn't have the fall risk issues/extra shelving needed so much. Plus it has greater floor area as it's deeper - makes quite a difference.

Or did you mean the 120cm Borneo? If it's the 120cm Borneo then that would be great. My only concern with that cage is the height - you can get round it by either having a full level - or shelves that effectively make a full level with protection over the entrance part - or alternatively putting cardboard or perspex round the inside of the bars and having 20 to 25cm deep substrate (effectively reducing the height).
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote