View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 02:51 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Savic Hamster Heaven & Metro ideas

Hi there. I have the Savic Mickey 2XL which is exactly the same as the Hamster Heaven but with narrow bars. Otherwise it's the identical cage (but doesn't come with the tubes and penthouse etc). I started with an empty cage. Will add some photos below. Initially it was set up for a Syrian (who then got upgraded to a bigger cage). Later I set it up for our robo.

I basically go with - large house with a flat roof (which also makes a level) at one end. Wheel in the back corner at the other end. Flying saucer in the front corner opposite the wheel. Floor toys in the middle. I particularly like the large cork logs even for a dwarf hamster - it makes a nice big dark tunnel to run through and an interesting texture to climb over (I had it partly under a shelf so it doubled up as a ramp up to the shelf).

I also like the rat sputniks - even for a dwarf hamster. I had one hanging next to a shelf for our robo with some bedding in - it gives overhead cover so they don't feel too exposed on the floor of the cage.

The first photo was the set up for our Syrian. The rest are the set up for our robo. On the right side is a large labyrinth house sat on just a couple of centimetres of substrate with some substrate inside the house and round the outside so it's almost subterranean. Above that on the right at the back is a corner shelf and the cork log is the ramp to that shelf. I also had a piece of cork screwed to the bars front right as a shelf. The rat sputnik sat next to the shelf and cork shelf so he couldn't jump off the shelf and hurt himself.

In the middle is a carrot hay cottage that is buried - you can just see the roof - he used to like digging down and going in there. Plus they can nibble the carrot off the roof.

I can definitely recommend getting a labyrinth house - hammies seem to love those as they're dark inside and have a top entrance as well as a front one,plus different areas for hoarding, nesting, toiletting etc.

Attachment 49189

Attachment 49190

Attachment 49191

Attachment 49192

Attachment 49193

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-27-2022 at 06:48 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote