View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 02:29 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Kerry Vs Marrakech Vs ??

Hi. I would definitely go for the Marrakesh. I have had the Kerry and while it is technically big enough for a dwarf hamster I found the size restrictive partly due to the straight sides and the top entrance. The Marrakesh is more accessible from the top partly due to the extra length and gives a lot more scope for enrichment. I sold my Kerry and upgraded our Robo to an 80 x 50 cage virtually the same as the hamster heaven. While it might not sound much bigger it gave a lot more usable space and better access. I actually think the hamster heaven, with all the plastic stuff removed and start with a plain cage is a very good option for a dwarf hamaster. Not too big, not too small and with a big ftomt door which makes interacting with the hamster easier as well as easy access generally.

I loved the look of tank style cages but prefer barred cages for the interaction and front access. If you’re really set on a tank style though then the Marrakesh is just right. Probably about the same internal floorspace as the hamster heaven - a bit longer but less deep.

Another option would be the maxi dubs multi which has similar dimensions to the Marrakesh but would easily sit in top of your single 4 cube kallax unit. Because the base slopes in. I have had 100 Cm cages on top of that kallax unit with no problem as the footprint of the cage base isn’t as big as the width of floorspace when full of substrate. I think that might be a good option and in between the prices of the Kerry and Marrakesh. It’s a Perspex tank style cage.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote