View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 06:51 AM  
chloere93
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Cohabiting Syrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannonmcn View Post
The lid is actually not hard at all. I managed a serviceable job with a blunt hand saw, some gorilla glue and a staple gun. If you have any favors to call in with friends who own a table saw you'll have it done in 20 mins! (Or if you can convince someone at B&Q to break the rules for you and cut the thinner wood sections to size.)

I absolutely get that feeling, that would be what would tempt me as well. I'm in Northern Ireland and we don't really have any established hamsterys here. I get my hams from the p@h adoption section and from gumtree in the exact circumstances you're talking about. I don't think the solution is necessarily to add more hamsters to that mix though. Not until you're a literal expert and can truly say you're breeding to improve the species. Which is a years long adventure.

If you're in Sussex you should join the Southern Hamster Club! Go to some shows, speak to some established breeders! We have a few on the forum too.

That's where all my hamsters have come from so far, adoption sections or gumtree haha, I just get so sad seeing them and knowing that people have just gotten bored of them. It saddens me to know I haven't got a great cage for him when it's advertised so well... I've utilised the space as much as I can and changed the wheel but I'm definitely going to be looking for something bigger now I know I can make his (and future hamsters) life better! I honestly forgot what great pets they were and how as an adult I have so much more time, understanding and patience for them.

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely check out that link
chloere93 is offline   Reply With Quote