View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 08:17 PM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Keeping my hamster in a wardrobe

Perhaps you could try to get a lock for your bedroom door, since the cleaner only does the communal areas. Parcels can be left in front of your door, and there's no reason to show a new tenant your room if you aren't planning to move out anytime soon - all of that can be done in communal areas.

If locking your bedroom door is not an option, then for the wardrobe idea itself, as long as there is enough air flow and the temperature is ok, I don't see a problem with the wardrobe once you get over the initial shock of why would it need to be in a wardrobe (but hopefully others can point out flaws with that plan so that we become more aware).

In terms of the airflow, would you mind living in that condition yourself? If there is enough airflow in that wardrobe for you to live and breathe comfortably, then yes, I would think the airflow is fine for your hamster. If it'll feel a bit too stuffy for you, then please reconsider your options.

Do confirm if the temperature and humidity is suitable for your hamster too, it should not be too cold/ warm / damp in there.

Another issue to think about is whether your landlord might decide to hire a pest-controller to come in and do a "general maintenance" or for whatever reason. That could have disastrous results, even if the gassing etc, is done in communal areas only, as the smell could easily slip inside. If the pest-controller comes into your room and doesn't even realise your hamster is in the wardrobe, that could end badly too.
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote