View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 12:57 PM  
Biffy9

Default Keeping my hamster in a wardrobe

Let me explain before anyone jumps on me!

Due to some rubbish circumstances I have had to move into a new flat. The rules state that no animal of any kind can be brought into the accommodation. Having said that, if I want to keep my hammy I'm going to have to find a way around this.

From what I can tell so far, there is a cleaner who comes into the communal areas once a week, other than that someone may come in to drop off a parcel or to show around a new tenant very occasionally. I don't think anyone would ever come into my actual bedroom however it is still a big risk to have my ham right there in the middle of the room.

My thought is that as I am only out 8-4 (when he is usually fast asleep in his little house), I could keep his cage in the bottom of my wardrobe during the day and then bring him out once I am home. I live in England so it would not get hot and I could leave the door open a crack to let in some light. He'd be out in the open during his waking hours and getting lots of fuss. I know it isn't ideal but do you think this is a viable option?
Biffy9 is offline   Reply With Quote