View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 09:39 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Ways to Bond with Hamster??

Yes, with cats about the house and a non hamster proof room free roaming is out of the question. Safety comes first.

I have three hamsters, two look but don't touch ones and one who tolerates touch when he's in the right mood. Cuddles? Nah, not his scene at all. Do they love me? Not likely but they love the food i offer when they happen to want it. Sometimes they turn their noses up and i watch their tail disappear down a hole.
That's hamsters for you.

My advice to you is to accept and enjoy your hamster for who she is. They are lovely little creatures to watch going about their business. I let my Syrian run around on my bed sometimes and he sits next to me or climbs over me but at other times he's on a mission running to the edge and i have to catch him to stop him from jumping off.

Your hamster is your buddy in her own hamster way and she trusts you otherwise she wouldn't take food from your hand.

You could share some stories and photos of her here and tell us about the things she does. I bet she is a very cute hamster who loves living with you.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote