View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 12:12 PM  
Ciri
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Bad interaction with my new hamster

Hey guys,

I bought a Syrian on Monday and was informed to leave her alone for 24 hours but to begin interaction following that. Yesterday I started hand feeding her and she was totally fine with that. Today I put my hand in the cage and stroked her while she was eating a treat I had given her, and again she was fine with this.

However, I then tried to pick her up, I managed to get her out of the cage without any hassle but she then bit me and jumped out of my hands onto the floor and began screaming. It took me 15 minutes to get her back to the cage.

She then began grooming herself for a while and drinking quite a lot. But she still let me stroke her and wasn't aggressive, and even took a treat from me. Another strange behaviour is when she runs on the wheel for 5-10 seconds, gets off, sniffs the bars which I'm sitting next to for another 5 seconds then gets back on the wheel.

I just hope you guys think everything will be okay, I feel terrible for rushing but I had no idea she'd react like this. I'm planning on just stepping back for a few days and starting over. Will she ever forgive me?

Thanks
Ciri is offline   Reply With Quote