Thread: Percy
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 10:01 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Percy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Minutes View Post
Wait, what? You adopted a Russian dwarf hybrid?
I know! Last night i set up a big playpen for Percy and he was into everything. Then i found Henry sitting by his front door which is most unusual so i asked my OH to keep an eye on Percy while Henry had a roam on my bed. Percy had been out for a while and sat in his box filled with paper flakes so i put him back to give Henry a chance to freeroam. Henry had a very close sniff up of Percy's toys before running around. And then i couldn't catch the little devil for ages and my early night turned into a late one.
I got up at 05.45 to get a chance to see Gordon before leaving for an early shift and Gordon came onto my hand without hesitation to get some linseeds. What a lovely start to a day!

Percy has lots of enrichment and i've changed the set up by replacing plastic items with wood ones but he is a hamster who needs more space. I totally agree with you in saying that cage size depends on the hamster's personality.

I keep looking for an exo terra but i'd need to be able to temporarily move Percy's cage because the room he's in doubles as a guest room. I think an Ikea Sambla bin cage may be the best option with the window or windows placed higher up to allow for deeper substrate and long bendy bridges runs.

I've never seen a Chinese Hamster up for adoption, maybe just as well, lol.