View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 11:25 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Savic Plaza dimensions and review

This cage has already been reviewed by April Pearl. But having just bought one, wanted to add a few details for anyone considering it.

It arrives in a box that is not enormous, unlike the Barney from Zooplus - because it is flat pack. The box it arrives in isn’t much bigger than the cage base. There is an instruction leaflet so it’s easy to put together. The roof comes as one piece with the edge strips already attached. From taking everything out of the box it took me about 20 minutes to put together. Not fiddly at all. The only slightly fiddly bit is getting everything lined up when putting the roof on. The protruding bars go on the outside (just mentioning that as it would be possible to put a piece on the wrong way round).

Once put together I measured the cage internally - inside the bars. Length is 97cm, depth is 47cm. Height from inside top bars to inside base is 47cm.

So internally it is 97 x 47 x 47 maximum measurements. Which can be useful to know when planning a set up. And I am quite glad it is less than 50 cm tall - it is really not that much taller than the Barney - about 1cm. And slightly lower than the Alexander.

It is a good length and a lot less bulky than the Barney. However the Barney has much more floor area.

The depth is ok but not 50cm. It is still a very good sized cage for a Syrian though. Well made - typical savic quality, especially the base. And more manageable to lift the top off. The bars are good quality too although with it not being one solid cage top it doesn’t feel as strong - but that isn’t an issue when the cage top is in place. Compared to the Skyline cages, the base plastic and bars are thicker and stronger.

I will be setting it up in the next few days ready for our next Hamster (as yet don’t have one!). But here are photos of it assembled and the parts etc. I haven’t photographed all the contents it comes with, just the cage structure. But it comes with all sorts of bits - bottle, plastic house, stainless steel bowls, small rolly wheel and the big green shelf and ladder - similar to other Savic cages. I won’t be using any of those although the shelf is quite good.

Attachment 49089

Attachment 49090

Attachment 49091

Attachment 49092

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-27-2022 at 06:46 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote