Thread: Injured Robo
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 09:06 AM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Injured Robo

Help!

Update: My husband and I tried to scruff her and failed miserably. The vet made it look so easy! And my husband could scruff her at the vet's, but he can't do it now. He's been stressing her out for half an hour without any success.

I have fed her the meds as she is willing to drink from the syringe, and also used the tip of a cotton bud swab tip to apply small dabs of cream, which we concluded was better than nothing and left it at that.

My concern is the part where I have to cleanse her wounds throughoutly with another type of medication and that is totally impossible to do without scruffing. Her wounds have to be cleaned properly or it will definitely get worse. Random dabs with a cotton bud swab tip is not good enough when it comes to cleaning her wounds. Help, any tips for how to scruff a skittish Robo that squirms away at the speed of lightning?

We have scooped her up in a small palm size box and tried to scruff from there but it's still not working. She has bitten us a few times too. Scruffing tips greatly appreciated!
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote