Thread: Injured Robo
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 06:11 AM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Injured Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Yes, i have a Robo i have never held so am asking myself what i would do.

I think i'd put her in a temporary hospital cage/bin to have easy access to her and to be able to monitor her. I'd only put the essentials in so she can't accidentaly knock her injury and only enough substrate to be comfortable without burrowing too deep.

I'd mix the medication with a tiny amount of babyfood then see if she eats it before resorting to a syringe.

The girl at the petshop showed me how to hold a Robo with the Robo's back against palm of her hand and her thumb across Robo's chest.

Did the vet have any idea what kind of injury your Robi has?
Yes, she is in a bin cage to begin with and I have removed a lot of her toys. I was quite undecided about the substrate, so thanks for your opinion as I think I will take your advice on this. I suppose I should reduce the substrate to discourage her from burrowing into it (so that her injury gets a chance to air out properly). I gave her a large seashell shaped ceramic hideout, hoping that the cooling ceramic will be more comfortable for her. She made a nest there but half the day she open nests.

I did ask the vet if I should mix it into her drink instead, but the vet told me to use a syringe or a dropper. The dosage is actually just one drop, to be taken twice a day. Maybe the vet wants to ensure she takes all of it at the right time as it is just a single drop!

The vet said it didn't look like a skin condition and it was a wound (but of course, it is hard for anyone to see especially from my blurred photos, the vet actually had to shave the fur off and examine her carefully under bright lights on the examination table to be able to see).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Dunn View Post
I am so pleased that your robo is on the mend and you’ve had that good news from the vet. Good luck with giving her the meds - keep us posted as to her progress x
Thank you. I am very relieved it isn't worse and it has been harrowing as I kept worrying each day that complications would come up before the vet could see her. I am really pleased with the vet too, the waiting time was bad (I suppose I need to find another one that is equipped to handle emergencies), but the vet herself seemed experienced (scruffed my skittish Robo very easily) and spoke gently to my Robo in a friendly manner.
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote