View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 10:25 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Older hamster not eating his food

I believe Quigley is 2 which is a grand age! Is that right AP? Personally for a two year old hamster I would want them to be pain free. Quality rather than quantity of life. Neither of our Syrians have made it past two and a half or two years 8 months, which is extremely old and their quality of life was suffering by then. I would hate to think of a hammy growing old in pain and unable to tell you. I don’t think sux months of Metacam will make much difference to the natural ageing process as most older Syrians develop kidney or liver problems anyway. Things start to fail. Main thing is that Quigley can enjoy his food and life. I think the antibiotics are more likely to cause him health issues and gut problems.

With Nugget our Robo - he was on long term Metacam for about 6 months and he wasn’t drinking or peeing more. In the end he couldn’t have it any more because he had lost so much weight with cancer so his metabolism woukdn’t Cope with it but by then it was time to help him on his way anyway.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote