View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 02:58 PM  
jurassicprince
Newborn Pup

Default I don't know what to do

I used this website whenever I had to research anything about my hamster (something I spent months doing before I got him) so first I want to thank you for being here during my hamster journey.

It has been one month since he passed. It was the week after his second birthday, and it devastated me.

I'm an 18 year old with autism, and bond with animals extremely quickly and have gotten along with every animal I've ever met, so you can imagine the kind of bond I had with my very first pet of my own. My dad has pet allergies so until I was 16 I never got to have any fluffy pets, only fish.

My hamster was so special to me, and whenever I was upset or having a meltdown he was comforting to me, and I liked having the responsibility of feeding and watering him every day and cleaning out his cage. It gave me a reason to live, because if I died I knew nobody in my family would be able to take care of him properly.

Anyway, I still can't get over his death. I know it's only been a month but I have cried for him every day and night. I still say hello to him out of habit when I enter my room after being out for a while. I still go to feed him after I eat my own dinner. I can't sleep without hearing him running on his wheel. It feels like there's a hole in my heart and none of my friends understand because he was "just a hamster".

But he was my best friend for TWO YEARS. He never bit hard, only when we were play fighting and only me. He never bit anyone else and he was ALWAYS up for a cuddle no matter who it was. He would put up with me singing softly to him and snuggling him whenever I wanted, and I only had to take him to the vet once to get his nails cut. He really was an amazing boy. But because my friends dismiss my emotions, I decided to come here to see if anyone else has a similar story.

It really feels like I'm having my heart destroyed, and I feel like I would be able to find some comfort here somehow.

P.S. I also have had him cremated and have picked out something beautiful to store his ashes in. He's been gone for weeks and I can't wait to have him back.
jurassicprince is offline   Reply With Quote