Thread: Injured Robo
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 07:55 PM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Injured Robo

My Robo hurt herself very badly, she has a bald patch on her butt and it's covered with a black scab. She bites on it once in a while (Probably itchy because it's recovering?).

When she sleeps belly up, her butt part looks like it was injured too (please see the photo, is that part of her injury or am I being paranoid?)

I was hospitalised suddenly and she'd hurt herself on the same day I was hospitalised. My family saw a drop of blood on her tissue, but they didn't tell me until after I was discharged. They only gave her food and drink, and nobody brought her to the vet (I suppose they were too worn out with caring for me at the same time) or cleaned her cage.

So it has been about two weeks before I could examine her and my heart is breaking, imagining her in pain and stuck in an uncleaned cage with that injury. I cleaned her cage the same day I got home and didn’t see the blood though, it may have dissipated. I have taken out some of her toys because I got worried that it would be bad for her wound if she scraped it on those toys while running around her cage. She seems active and healthy otherwise. She runs on her wheel very quickly without being hampered, eats and drinks normally. The injuries don’t look damp. I can’t hold her as she wasn’t that tame to begin with. She has always only allowed me to stroke her head.

She is in her bin cage (with lid on!) in my room, no animals or kids could have gotten in to injure/ spook her. She couldn’t have picked a worse time to get injured as she sleeps with me so I would have normally detected any injury instantly, and this is the first time she has been injured.

What can I do for her? It’s already been almost two weeks. I don’t know how else I can help her, except offer her more mealworms to make up for it. Any tips on wound recovery, nutrition, etc?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wound - Belly.jpg (210.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Wound - Back.jpg (238.6 KB, 38 views)
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote