View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 02:24 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Cage Stand Crisis

Just to clarify it's not a fish tank, nor is it designed to hold any significant water volume which would drastically increase the weight and is generally why it seems most people in the aquarium community are sometimes very against tanks overhanging on stands. I personally don't think this necessarily applies since it definitely won't be holding any water which means the only added weight is going to be bedding, toys, etc. Nothing that heavy, and certainly below the maximum weight for the furniture in question.

With that in mind, I'm no longer all that worried at this point on the furniture itself and putting the enclosure on it. I would've been quite a bit more worried keeping an actual aquarium on that furniture though and for very good reason knowing just how heavy water is even in smaller aquariums!

Also looking at a lot of Detolf setups it seems like most people keep those on a larger Kallax unit where they also overhang, and I think it would be similar to that except on a smaller scale. Of course not everyone agrees that it's a good idea to have overhanging Detolf cages, but it certainly happens.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote