View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 01:19 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Henry and Gordon

Update on Gordon and taming:

First of all, i'm not 100% sure if its at all possible to tame a Robo because they're so fast and buzz around but please correct me if i'm wrong because i'd love to hear from other Robo friends/owner's experiences.

I put my hand in Gordon's tank with a seed on my fingertips and keep still so he gets used to my scent and do this two or three times a week. Not for long, just a few minutes. He no longer runs away and just carries on with whatever he's doing, usually wheeling or washing. Couple of nights ago he approached my fingers sniffing and came to within an inch but wasn't brave enough to get the seed which i left for him when i removed my hand. This morning he run behind my hand via a bridge and sniffed the back of my hand which i think is definitely progress.

I'm inclined to carry on like that until he hopefully takes the seed from my hand then take it from there or should i take him out in a mug which would mean that i would have to chase and catch him for bathtub taming?

Syrians are so much easier to tame than dwarves i think because they are so much bigger and slower hence easier to pick up.

Talking of Syrians. My OH spoils our Henry. I put Henry's eggcup in upright a bit away from his house so he has to come out to eat his porridge but my OH puts it in sideways right by the door so Henry can eat it from inside his house!

Here's today's photo of Henry looking very smug because breakfast was served by his mate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190914_182450.jpg (2.71 MB, 33 views)
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote