View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 05:45 AM  
ChickenBatnana
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hello! New here :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Minutes View Post
Hello Chicken, welcome. You sound like a lovely person and it's great that you care about your hammie. Don't worry about the mistakes made, as long as you keep actively trying to read more and fixing the mistakes immediately, you're still a great owner.

Your dad sounds lovely too, it's sweet of him to be so supportive. Tell him that by being supportive, he's made the world a better place and changed lives for the better - yours and your little hamster's lives for starters!

Apart from cage size, for basic care, try reading up on proper safe bedding (stay far away from the toxic and dangerous ones like pine, cedar, cotton), proper food with balanced nutrients, safe wheels, and safe enrichment (look around the forum for ideas!)

Kudos to you, your dad, and your hamster. Knuffels!
Oh, is this another Dutchie I see? Thank you for reassuring me.. I've been feeling so guilty for my past hamsters and the current one, but luckily I have built the new bin cage! Tomorrow we're going to the pet store to buy a standing water bottle and wheel and maybe some more cute stuff, and then Stripey will be able to move in! I'd also need to look into the bedding thing and food some more today, the bedding I have right now is wood shavings, but it doesn't list the type so I'd rather switch to be safe. Food I will look into to see if I can buy anything better at the pet store. I'm pretty sure my wheel is okay, it's the 16,5 cm Silent Spinner, though, I need to buy a new one anyways so I'll see if I can find anything better. Excited
ChickenBatnana is offline   Reply With Quote