View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 08:03 PM  
Griel
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Did my hamster become too fat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
As someone who has dealt with dog diarrhea, I really think you need to find a new vet that actually knows what they're talking about instead of throwing out ridiculous and unnecessary "treatment" advice which cannot in any way be medically sound.
Yeah, and a dog is a pretty "common" pet, not an "exotic" pet like a hamster. I kinda doubt they have the capacity to handle a tiny little creature that gets stressed easily.

My hamster seems healthy and happy at the moment (thankfully), just that I'm concerned about the weight she's been packing on. Anyone has any tips to encourage her to exercise more (for her health), or is that just not possible?

She's got two 6 inch covered wheels in her cage now, and platforms (she doesn't like climbing up the "harder" platform and only does the one that's easier for her to scale).

I don't want to have to put her in a ball because I heard that's bad for them, but I'd also appreciate it if anyone would like to convince me otherwise. I've never put a hamster in a ball and I don't want to do it unless it's necessary for their health.
Griel is offline   Reply With Quote