View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 04:09 PM  
ChickenBatnana
Newborn Pup

Default Hello! New here :)

Hi there! I am Chicken, I am a girl from the Netherlands. I have owned 5 hamsters before the one I own now. All have been winter whites or Campbells, and my current hamster called Stripey is a winter white. Recently I became aware of hamster youtube channels, and I quickly found out that my cage is waaay too small, it is 1160 square cm, that's about 180 square inches. I started feeling really guilty because I really love my hammie, so I asked for my dad if we could get something else and I suggested a bin cage. Luckily he said yes, because we have a lot of stuff in bins and he'd been meaning to move some stuff from the bigger bins to smaller ones (they're easier to handle, he says). So, I will soon be doing a big upgrade from 1160 square cm to 3500 square cm! That's 542 square inches. I will also be able to fill up his bedding much more because he loves burrowing. Needless to say I am hyped Stripey isn't displaying many signs of boredom with his current cage size (no bar chewing. no pacing, no monkey bars) but I still wanna upgrade because he is a very lovely tame hammie who deserves everything.

That's basically the reason I decided to make an account here, to find out about more things I've been doing wrong (and then do them better!). Some more about me personally is that I love drawing, languages, and writing. I don't currently go to school because of disabilities, but I will be returning to school sometime. That also means, since I'm home all the time, that I'm the primary caregiver of my hamster. I feel very responsible for him so I feed him, clean his cage, fill his water, and monitor his health (he had ringworm a few months ago if I hadn't noticed it we probably wouldn't have taken him to the vet). My dad really takes a more laid back approach and he lets me figure out the stuff and then he does what I ask of him lol, like driving me to the vet or buying stuff for the cage.

Very happy to be here and learn more about how to care for my hamster correctly!

Last edited by souffle; 09-10-2019 at 06:38 AM.
ChickenBatnana is offline   Reply With Quote