View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 05:22 PM  
HamsterLad
Past Member

Default Hamsters are no longer for me it seems.

It appears I've changed quite a lot over the past year or so and one change I didn't expect is my love for hamsters. The love I once had has turned into disinterest and indifference. I no longer get that heart-melting feeling whenever I see hamsters, I don't think I'd really care that much if my life didn't have another hamster in it at some point or another and I tend to completely skip the small animal section in stores. I would have never have thought I would ever say anything like this!

I've grown apart from communities surrounding hamsters. I can remember a time when I used to be on this forum multiple times per day; starting threads of my own, posting on other users threads, sharing photos and videos with everyone and generally enjoying being part of this community whereas now I feel as though I don't belong here. A bit like my time has been and gone and now it is time to move on to other things.

I still have Bianca and Scott if any of you are wondering. They're doing fine and dandy! I often see Scott a few times per night whereas I'm lucky to see Bianca a few times per week. She is coming up to one year and four months and old age hasn't really set in yet I don't think. Her fur is mostly chocolate brown with black patches as opposed to being all black like it once was. I don't intend to re-home either of them because I set out to provide a home for life so I'm going to continue to follow through with that. I like having them around and it would be strange if I didn't hear/see Scott go about his nightly business.

I don't even know why I have decided to post this. Perhaps to see if anybody else has gone through this and can relate or found their spark for hamsters again? Who knows!

I guess I'll check back soon.
HamsterLad is offline   Reply With Quote