View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 03:49 PM  
Phoebe05
Newborn Pup

Default Help... I’m new to this:)!

Hi everyone,
I am new to looking after a hamster and just want anyone’s help and guidance with my new adorable hammy. I have a Syrian hamster named Freddie who I have had for about 3 weeks now from being young. I just get worried about him all the time as I am new to looking after a hamster. Freddie is fine, he is eating well, drinking well, doing all normal hamster things etc. However he is really nervous and I am terrified that he is stressed. He doesn’t have any sweaty patches on his fur, however he grooms himself a lot, especially around his face, which I have heard could be stress? I believe he may lick himself too as he had a small spot on his fur which looks as if it has been wet. He is always grooming himself or up on his hind legs listening. Freddie is nervous when being handled and tries to run away all the time rather than enjoying behind held, he is extremely fast and always runs around either in his wheel or when being held. I understand it takes a while for them to get used to being in a new environment, so I am handling him everyday, is this good for him or not? He is still very nervous, and sometimes he jumps when he is in his cage. I just wonder if I am doing the right thing or making him more stressed! Any advice Would be amazing! Thankyou x
Phoebe05 is offline   Reply With Quote